JAI HIND SINDHU EDUCATION TRUST C/o JAI HIND HIGH SCHOOL PIMPRI, PUNE – 411017
A group of Sindhi ladies displaced from West Pakistan due to partition of our country in the year 1947 started social work in the direction of imparting education to Sindhi children. They named their organization as POONA REFUGEE DISPLACED PERSONS RELIEF COMMITTEE. This trust was registered with Assistant Charity Commissioner, Poona Region, Poona vide certificate of Registration No 31299 dt. 06/10/1955. The number in the register of Public Trusts with Assistant charity Commissioner is A-863. This registration has been done under the provisions of The Bombay Public Trusts Act, 1950 Vide order No. 10/89 passed on 17.05.1989, the Deputy Charity Commissioner, Poona Region, Poona. The name of the trust was changed to “JAI HIND SINDHU EDUCATION TRUST.
The first managing trustees :
1) President -Mrs. T. Wadia
2) Hon Secretary. Mrs. S.T. Tolani
3) Hon. Treasurer- Mrs. Kirloskar
4) Members: Mrs. T.K. Mirchandani, Mrs. K.S. Masani.
Past Presidents were Mrs.Kaushalya Atur Sangtani and Mrs. Savita Jagtiani. Mrs. Kaushalya Sangtani was the chairperson of the trust since its inception, followed by Mrs. Savita Jagtiani. Mrs. Nalini Gera is the President now and is guiding the Trust. Late Mr. Atur Sangtani a doyen of construction industry, philanthropist and well known social worker was the source of inspiration.
The present managing trustees are :
1) President – Mrs. Nalini Gera
2) Vice-President, Mrs. Sunita Mirchandani
3) Secretary- Mrs. Aneeshya Aurora
4) Treasurer – Mrs. Ripple Mirchandani
5) Members : Mrs. Saroj Mirchandani, Mrs. Nita Chhabria, Mrs. Shobhna Mirchandani, Mrs. Geeta Bhojwani and Mrs. Aruna Jethwani.
The object of the Trust is to impart Education. It manages the following institutes:
1) Jai Hind Pre-Primary School (Non-Granted) Started in 1961
2) Jai Hind Primary School (Non-Granted) Started in 1962 (every year one class from Std. I to IV
3) Jai Hind High School (Granted)
4) Jai Hind Junior College (Commerce & Science, 12 Divisions Granted)
5) JaiHind Junior College (Commerce & Science) (6 Divisions Non-Granted)
6) Manghanmal Udharam College of Commerce (B.Com Granted) Started in 1983
7) Manghanmal Udharam College of Commerce ( Non-Granted) started in 1993
8) Manghanmal Udharam College of Commerce (BBA, Non-Granted) Started in 2007
9) Manganmal Udharam College of Commerce (BCA, Non-Granted) started in 2009.
At present, we have total student strength of more than 9500 with 141 divisions of various classes as detailed here under: We have 9 divisions each class from Std. Jr. K.G. to Std. IV i.e. in all 54 divisions For Std. V to X, we have 9 divisions each (except for Std. X which has 7 divisions) ie. in all 52 divisions.